The Capacity Building Officer is responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing capacity-building programs and initiatives to enhance individuals, teams, and organizations’ skills, knowledge, and capabilities. The incumbent will work closely with Management to assess training needs, develop appropriate training materials, and deliver practical capacity-building activities.
- Conduct needs assessments and collaborates with stakeholders to identify capacity-building needs and gaps.
- Develop and implement comprehensive capacity-building strategies and plans aligned with organizational goals.
- Design and deliver training programs, workshops, and seminars to enhance individuals, teams, and organizations’ skills, knowledge, and competencies.
- Create and adapt training materials, including presentations, handouts, and e-learning resources, to meet the specific needs of different audiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, trainers, and consultants to deliver specialized training programs as required.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of capacity-building programs through assessments, surveys, and feedback mechanisms.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and guidance to individuals and teams to support their professional development and growth.
- Develop relationships with external training providers, institutions, and experts to leverage additional capacity-building resources.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, best practices, and innovations in capacity building and adult learning methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as HR, program managers, and team leaders, to ensure alignment of capacity-building efforts with organizational objectives.
Note: The Candidate must comply with IhsanRD’s policies and procedures with respect to the safeguarding, Code of Conduct, PSEAH, data protection, and confidentiality, do no harm principles, and unacceptable behavior protocols.
Note: the abovementioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
|Qualification (Education/Work Experience)|
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as organizational development, human resources, or education. A master’s degree is preferred,
- At least two years proven experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating capacity building programs,
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design, and training methodologies.
- Very Good level in English and Arabic.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and digital tools for online training delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
|Core & Managerial Competencies|
- Core Competencies:
|§ Communication||§ Teamwork|
|§ Planning and Organizing||§ Accountability|
|§ Creativity||§ Stakeholders Orientation|
|§ Commitment to Continuous Learning||§ Technological Awareness.|
- Supervisor/Managerial Competencies:
|§ Leadership||§ Building Trust|
|§ Vision||§ Managing Performance|
|§ Empowering Others||§ Judgment/Decision-making.|
- Technical Competencies:
|§ Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).||§ Experience in working with NGO’s.|
|§ Knowledge of the Capacity Building competency system.||§ Knowledge of writing SOP’s and policies.|
|§ Experience in CB processes (assessment- strategic
IhsanRD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
Interested applicants should submit their applications before the application closing by the end of 18.08.2023, and must include the following:
- A curriculum vitae.
- The contact details for two references (one of them should be a current employer.)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.