The Program Officer is responsible for all aspects of project implementation, including the preparation, planning, organization, coordination and relations with local and international partners as well as the documentation for all the steps to implement the project.
The scope of the work includes close coordination with counterparts and all stakeholders, including the team, partners, local community and representatives of the local council as well as other NGOs. This is to ensure participation of the local community and provide effective support for the project.
- Submit the narrative report(s) on timely manners, and stick to deadlines
- Organize the team and all stakeholders’ meetings.
- Participation with the team on implementation plans.
- Supervise the planned project implementation and periodic follow-up of the project plan.
- Prepare and write the order forms with the team depending on the need.
- Budget Monitoring.
- Ensure and supervise the documentation of the project for all stages.
- Arrange the project documents per IhsanRD program procedures.
- Conduct field visits to the field locations (Syria)
- Work on any other tasks required by the program coordinator related to the Education sector.
- Attending any related meetings concerning the education sector.
- Respect and apply all the PSEA principles, and show high commitment to report any SEA action
Note 1: the above mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Note 2: The Candidate must comply with IhsanRD’s policies and procedures with respect to the safeguarding, Code of Conduct, PSEAH, data protection, and confidentiality, do no harm principles, and unacceptable behavior protocols.
|Qualification (Education/Work Experience)|
- Have a university degree.
- Excellent command in Excel
- Have one year ‘at least’ working in INGO / NGO environment.
- Solid knowledge in project/program management.
- High proficiency in English language skills
- Familier with field visits into NW Syria.
- Have a master degree.
- have previous working experience in Education projects.
|Core & Technical Competencies|
- Core Competencies:
|§ Communication||§ Teamwork|
|§ Planning and Organizing||§ Accountability|
|§ Creativity||§ Stakeholders Orientation|
|§ Commitment to Continuous Learning||§ Technological Awareness.|
- Supervisor/Managerial Competencies:
|§ Leadership||§ Building Trust|
|§ Vision||§ Managing Performance|
|§ Empowering Others||§ Judgment/Decision-making.|
- Technical Competencies:
|§ Have excellent communication skills written and verbal.
§ High proficiency in English language.
§ High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
§ Attended at least one course related to PCM/PMD/PMP.
§ Familiar with the Syrian context especially the education system.
§ Has enough knowledge of the education sector and ‘how’ to deal with children during crisis.
§ Have the knowledge and experience in emergency humanitarian needs assessment and response regarding the Syrian context.
HOW TO APPLY
IhsanRD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
Interested applicants should submit their applications before the application closing by the end of 14.09.2023, and must include the following:
A curriculum vitae.
The contact details for two references (one of them should be a current employer.)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.